Sunday, September 18, 2005

PDR!

Did the half-marathon this AM. Ran with Miss B. We started in a too slow corral, which was frustrating but maybe a blessing in disguise because it kept me from dying around mile 10. Left to my own, I would have wasted most of my energy on the first half. As it turned out, I barely noticed the first 6 miles go by. I only kicked the last 1.5mi hard, but was glad to have something left in the tank to finish with... and to feel empty at the end.

Almost forgot to mention: as we were rounding the art museum to head out West River Drive, they played Stevie Wonder's "Superstition" on the sound system. Reminded me of the awesome conclusion to Live8 :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, hadn't I told you you would soon go over 20km :) how long did it take btw, to run this half-marathon?