Sunday, May 06, 2007

Weekend



Friday: sunset ride to Manayunk with a couple of jaunts up the hill to Ridge Ave.

Saturday: easy ride to the Linc to get my BSR bib... but on the way home, after stopping at Reading to pick up supplies for a big pasta meal for some other runners, I hit a hole on Spruce St and went over the handlebars. Helmet saved me, but scraped my face, shoulder, and knee up and bent my wheel.

I was still planning to race, but woke up feeling more swollen and the bruises hurt. Also didn't sleep much because Mom and Cara called me at 2hr intervals to make sure I was still lucid and didn't have bleeding in my head.

Sunday: skipped the race, obviously, but got out for a sunset run to John B Kelly. Beautiful weather, 7mi+, I just wish I could have run them on Broad Street 12 hours earlier.

1 comment:

mofo said...

i'm going to pass out i'm going to pass out...i'm passing out...oh mollie's passing out too. biking RULES!